As you all remember, Father Noah mentioned that the hope was for us to be able to get into and use the Parish House as of the end of June. The great news is that we are in the finishing stages of the entire Parish House.
Paint colors have been chosen, light fixtures have arrived, and much of the construction is complete. We are still waiting on some floor repair and tiling for the bathrooms, but this is excellent progress which we can’t wait to share with you through more pictures and video very soon.
However, when we applied for a temporary occupancy permit to allow us to utilize the Parish House in the near term, we were denied because the fire suppression system is not up and running and won’t be until all the buildings are much closer to completion. This was a big disappointment to us, but we understand that the need to provide a safe environment is paramount.
The good news is that we are moving along without any major holdups at this point, so, while we will be continuing the use of our temporary toilets for a little while longer, we are in a very good place overall as we move into July.
In addition to the Parish House, work has continued to progress steadily in the Lloyd Hall building, and we hope all of you have seen the concrete elevator tower that will serve as the center of the connector between the two buildings. The last major elements like windows, flooring, and the elevator have all been ordered and we expect them to arrive in the next few months. Meaning we are on track for a full reopening of our buildings as we move into the fall!
We have been showing you videos to reflect areas of progress that demonstrate how close to the completion of the process we are, and we will continue to do so through the summer. We hope they communicate to you that the end is truly in sight.
We would like to end this report with 5 points of progress that we are very encouraged by. It’s our hope to be able to continue to offer you these positive points of progress weekly in our parish communications so you can keep track of all the good work that is happening.
- The elevator tower concrete block construction has been finished and the scaffolding has now been taken down. (Take a look at this timelapse video of it going up!)
- The heat tracing and insulation of the pipes in the second floor rafters of the Parish House has been completed, allowing the ceiling to be finished.
- Paint colors have been chosen and will soon be applied to walls and ceilings in the Parish House.
- The expansion joints that have held up a lot of the exterior work involving waterproofing and completion of the connector between the Parish House and Lloyd Hall have arrived which will allow a major move forward that will be easily visible to all of you.
- The Parish House has been fitted with IT and data wiring making it ready for state-of-the-art technological systems to be installed.
We thank you for your patience and your prayers as we have navigated this project. If you have any questions about the construction please don’t hesitate to reach out to John Ford (ude.udo@drofbj) or Fr. Noah (email@example.com) who will be happy to talk with you more.
The Steering Committee